He is correct if you carry a firearm (and you should be)
1. Dont get into arguments.
2. Avoid trouble and areas where trouble may occur.
3. Confrontation is stupid, gun or not, its stupid.
Be smart, remember you hold the higher level of care, you will be judged more harshly regardless. Avoid, avoid, avoid…and when you cannot remember to say these things…
1. STOP I WILL SHOOT YOU, DROP THE WEAPON (weapon or not/caps is command voice)
If forced to shoot, immediately call or have someone call the police, state you are afraid for your life and were forced to defend yourself, describe what you are wearing and what the attacker is wearing, when cops arrive, place firearm on ground and keep hands up without sudden movements!
2. Officer that (man/woman) attacked me, I feared for my life I wish to press charges
3. There is the evidence eg., bullet casings and witnesses.
4. I will sign the complaint, I wish to speak with counsel /attorney/ lawyer.