Recent news splashes and legal snafus between gun owners and law enforcement/ anti gunners and politicians have led many gun owners to take stances against those individuals who regularly wander aimlessly about town with a carbine, rifle or even handgun holstered in open sight. The general consensus with many gun owners this author knows is that these people are doing all the wrong things at the wrong time for the wrong reasons, even though they believe quite the opposite.
It is essential to understand that this particular firearms owner is neither a friend of the police, politicians or those who would see our natural rights taken away in the name of false security. In fact in most cases this gun owner (the author) truly detests modern policing as a profession as well as those who support the need for these enforcers of legislation passed at the whim of political rats scuttling about clinging to their bits of power for powers sake. This belief does not, however, cause the author and many of those he knows to act in ways that are sure to eventually cause harm to themselves or those they love. Rather it simply reinforces the need for alternative approaches to the currently accepted stance which includes but is not limited to conflict be it verbal or physical in nature.
And so after long discussions the author and friends have come up with 5 Basic Guidelines of Firearm Ownership (in times like these).
- A gun is a tool of self defense, food gathering and freedom maintenance. It is not a tool for political maneuvering and should never be used as such.
- Ownership of a firearm comes with a commitment to be responsible and safe, this includes knowing your backdrop, understanding how to use one and never abusing the use of one.
- Carrying a firearm in the open has never prevented crime, loss of freedom or the attempt to subjugate by tyrannical powers. Rather it is the threat inherent with a well armed but CIVIL population, who has the will to use and the ability to control their own emotional responses that will continue to prevent the above. Those who choose to use firearms as a means of confronting the badged enforcement of tyrannical powers do not benefit the cause of freedom, rather they tend to only lead to the further tightening of restrictions and natural rights by that same tyranny.
- Train in the use of firearms, understand the laws and policies governing those who are used to prevent our ownership of the same and always be prepared to defend yourself, your loved ones and your freedom, doing so with a quiet efficiency and devoid of external emotional outbursts.
- There is a difference between owning a firearm and using a firearm. Before one can affect positive change around themselves they have to understand this. In other words, constantly attempting to physically challenge others views only serves to reinforce those same views and harden the resolve against you. Rather show the differences and abilities through the willingness to act and the ability to reserve action until necessary by avoiding confrontation and promoting peaceful resolution that preserve your natural rights.
thanks for reading.
Free the mind and the body will follow.