There were no fireworks the day the first Neanderthal realized putting a round log under the dead mammoth allowed him to move it to another place. It is a simple fact that throughout history the ability to remain mobile has been of chief importance to rebels, resistors and freedom fighters around the world. In Vietnam the bicycle was used with great success to circumnavigate the forces allied against them. In Afghanistan over the past five decades the lowly Toyota mini truck has been used quite allot and successfully.
Even with the advent of more technologically advanced methods of killing others, the United States government, has long forgotten a most important ideal of the average “freedom” fighter arrayed against it today. By remaining mobile and using wheels of many types the freedom fighter in Afghanistan alone has fought both the American imperialists and the Russian beast to a standstill. After wasting trillions on specialist contractors like some “liberty people” as well as more and newer electronic hardware the fact remains. The American military and its contemporaries will always lose in the long term regardless the politics involved.
The solution to fighting the American military or police and successfully doing so is simple. Small units of men and women who have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so. Those who have been kidnapped, made into unemployable felons or have had friends, neighbors and family murdered for smoking a joint. Those who have nothing to lose by going on the offensive and doing so with mobile tactics and precision strikes against the leaders will create far more disarray and a potential for winning then any number of useless seminars and protests. Mind you, this is of course hypothetical.
I want to present some options and reasons for these options with regards to mobility.
- Nondescript silver, white or grey sedans. Toyota Camry’s, Corollas and the like are almost impossible to distinguish for the average American soldier or cop from the rest of the cars on the road.
- Multiple vehicle availability, having more then one vehicle available is a benefit. From experience a small car like a Saturn SL2 may quite easily go the same places a giant 4×4 will go with some critical thinking applied to ones driving it is really quite simple. Using a smaller vehicle like this make you stand out far less then the Mad Max wannabes who put lift kits on all their vehicles and advertise the location of their lock boxes and what they put in them to the entire world.
- Bicycles in addition to the car, first having a bike rack with a few go green stickers makes you look like every other yuppie out there today. Hence reducing your stand out “ness” and further increasing your odds of survival. Putting run flat tires at the cost of $20-30 per wheel in the bicycles ensures they continue to run regardless. Now that you as a slightly overweight person who rarely walks more then 20 feet from the computer to the mailbox knows, a bike is easier to cover distance on then by foot. You can carry twice to three times the amount of gear and cover easily 5 times the distance in the same amount of time and for the same cost of energy that you would walking.
- Buy what is normal where you live, this means if everyone drives a truck, get a truck without the snazzy sparkly paint job. Again, remaining non descript is the first essential rule of survival.
- Keep an extra 5-10 gallons of gasoline or three times that in diesel depending on what you run, you cannot carry more physically by yourself and planning for more is just stupid. If you need more fuel and are on the run, take it- folks, this is where you have to think reality. Resupply from your enemies, be smart not an idiot. You cannot carry a years worth of supplies with you every where you go. So learn to syphon gas, pick a lock and shoot whatever you get your hands on. Being a snob is fun and makes you cool with the other well paid government stoolies but, just shows an inability to think outside the box without help from someone with a box cutter.
- When I get in my car with firearms I do so without ensuring my neighbours know what I have. After all, why would I want anyone else knowing the true extent of my abilities or material possessions? You are asking to get your car or truck broken into and things to be stolen. Of course, when stuff gets stolen, make sure you call the cops, its what all free people do when they need help.
- Seriously though, think, use your head. If it is something a government trained person is telling you is the smart thing to do, it probably isnt!
So what are your thoughts on mobility and wheels?
Free the mind and the body will follow.