UPDATED NO ADDITIONAL EDITS MADE – An additional note for those reading this who are simply incapable of thinking or reading in context. I do many things to thrive and survive, only a simpleton moron would think 9,000 after taxes and fees is enough to feed a family. I could if necessary live without this extra money now, however, one of the simpleton readers of this blog would likely turn me in to the state for abuse or neglect because what I did wasnt matching their goals for life. I am an individual, I will not apologize for the ssi I get, and I will challenge any of those who think otherwise to show me different. Or, walk away, I am willing to bet that the largest grouping of individuals most upset at this article are either CURRENT active duty, contractors or ex military or cops. Which only further confirms my beliefs in this regard…they are not free, for to them “military before all others”

There is a large line drawn in blood between these things, in modern Amurikka it is impossible to not be somehow on the “dole” unless you are completely off the grid. Every individual has tax money stolen from them regardless, through purchases made of gas, food or clothing or if it is income related. Not every individual actively seeks out employment in fields where the pay is entirely based on stolen taxes and the work directly benefits the murder overseas or domestically.

Thanks to federal law and the massive military and police agencies that enforce it when an individual is incapable of certain functions they have two choices. They can attempt to continue on using private pay disability and be forced to apply for state disability to live and feed their kids, OR they can become homeless and starve to death slowly while their kids get taken for neglect. I am on disability, through a series of events over which I had no control I am on disability, my net is less then 9,000 dollars annually after the additional taxes. I know many others who are directly employed as military contractors, police or military. They net from 50k to 500k depending on level of involvement. When I worked I did so full time for PRIVATE companies, I paid over 200k in personal income taxes and if you include all other taxes and “disability” insurance payments made my balance is closer to 500k. Yes, it is actually called disability insurance.

So, here is my question. Should I not take disability and simply starve to death or die of exposure? Or should I continue to take what I can while using that same income to fight back at every chance? After all, unlike those making 5 and 6 figures I dont look down my nose at others, instead I go out of my way to help them. I live WITHIN my means and always treat others with respect. All I ask in return is the same, and when that respect is trodden on and lies are told I attempt to rectify the situation. However, when the individuals involved actively avoid fixing their mistakes as some have, I will use my abilities to help others avoid the problems from them. After all, I live my principles.

Regardless, to those who believe that there is no difference between the types of “benefits” I say this, am I through my limited labor directly HELPING increase murder in foreign and domestic situations at the governments behest? Or are you?

Free the mind and the body will follow.

Advertisements

About Jesse Mathewson

Jesse Mathewson is the author of the popular blog, jessetalksback.com and provides commentary to many varied places based on a background that includes education in criminal justice, history, religion and even insurgency tactics and tactical training. His current role in his community is as an organizer of sorts and a preacher of community solidarity and agorism. He also runs Liberty Practical Training, a self defense school specializing in the practical applications of defensive approaches versus the theoretical. As an agorist, voluntaryist and atheist his life is seen as crazy and wild by many, though once they get to know him most realize he is a bluntly honest individual who will give you the shirt off his back if he believes it is necessary to help you. Very simple, "That which is voluntary between all individuals involved is always right, if it is not voluntary, it is always wrong."
This entry was posted in Authored by Jesse Mathewson and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to SSI, Foodstamps, federal or state employ and Contracting: Why they are different

1. So here’s one that i’ve gravitated to over time, especially after a lot of discussions in the weekend hangouts: Shit’s failing. We have the choice of a slow decline or a faster fail. I’d rather see the faster fail so we might make some form of positive change for our and our families’ future instead of this damn police state… so the best thing you can do, take everything you can from the government. Bleed it faster.

Ethically, you have the thought of who “deserves” it, yet again, when it’s money stolen from you to begin with, i can agree wit you for sure this equals out. And for those who haven’t paid in but have real needs, take my share too, i’d rather see it in the hands of people with needs than towards more warfare and bailouts. Sure, i have some reservations with people milking the system who really shouldn’t be there, but that’s on a lower rung on the ladder… those people would not do well in a “real world”

2. cavpatriot says:

As you so eloquently put it Jesse, in some way shape or form, we all contribute, mostly not truly voluntarily, but with such a pervasive interconnected system of taxation that we have, If you spend a dollar on a candy bar, or a couple bucks on a meal at the fast food joint, or wherever, you’re paying a tax which makes it’s way to the local/state/federal gov’t. You know my situation. I’m not happy with it, but I do my best to raise awareness in the people I associate with on a daily basis. I have had some varying levels of success there. I do what I can with the little I have. And as much as I would love to find a nice secluded area and live off the grid, I’m not ready to give up flushing toilets and running water quite yet, because if I were to try doing it now, I would be living in a tent. lol! I can do it if it becomes necessary, but I’m not going to unless it becomes so. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Chris says:

“So, here is my question. Should I not take disability and simply starve to death or die of exposure?”

If this is really your only choice, then why do you want to end the state? This is either a false dilemma, or you’ve done such a phenomenal job alienating yourself from your friends and family, that the state is your only option for survival left. Good job. Seems kinda stupid to argue for the demise of the state when your very existence depends on it. Your sob story doesn’t matter; your disability creates a demand for the state, and as long as there’s a demand for the state, the state will remain.

Maybe you should stop engaging in performative contradictions, and find other means to live your life, because it sounds like you’ll be in dire straits when the state goes tits up.

• No, the state is not the only option, I garden, and am involved in other things- however, there have been some readers who have compared ssi to contracting. ๐Ÿ™‚

Would you like to take a shot at that or are you like so many other narrow minded readers incapable of reading the entire article in context and answering the questions posed…just wondering of course.

• Chris says:

“No, the state is not the only option, I garden, and am involved in other things-”

If the state is not the only option, then why in the hell did you just present it as such?

Let me refresh your memory, because the words YOU wrote seem to be escaping you.

โ€œSo, here is my question. Should I not take disability and simply starve to death or die of exposure?โ€

If your involved in gardening and other things, why do you say that the state is the very thing keeping you alive?

“Would you like to take a shot at that or are you like so many other narrow minded readers incapable of readingthe entire article in context and answering the questions posedโ€ฆjust wondering of course.”

Still doing the whole, “You didn’t read what I wrote!” schtick, eh Jesse? That hasn’t gotten old for you yet?

• Obviously you seem to think you know me, I doubt you do. Now, stay on track- the intent of the article was…go ahead try again…or as I would tell my kids make sure you read the entire thing before making a fool of yourselves.

“They” was used first not I, when I transitioned to I there was an obvious point where that transition where I made clear what is actually done, “Or should I continue to take what I can while using that same income to fight back at every chance?”

Of course as usual you failed to address that-

So again, you are saying a contractor is better Chris?

Seriously, unless you have an answer for the real question go away- and before I forget, were you army at one point?

That would clear things up of course.

• Chris says:

Jesse, I was strictly addressing your question. Remember this one?

Then, like an idiot, you came back and said “No, there’s a third option”. If there was a third option — gardening, and other stuff — then when did you present the reader with only two options? Lay off the pills, man.

• Point here is he’s starting to frame the question in the same way most people think of it then expanding, if you weren’t so eager to hate you might consider this point of view, Chris.

Realities:

The state sucks, but it’s got it’s claws so deeply into everything that it creates it’s own either or where you are stuck. It’s simple control of population by control of their needs. And it sucks, but I think it’s far more important to stay alive first and foremost, and do your best to do what you can.

• Chris says:

“Point here is heโ€™s starting to frame the question in the same way most people think of it then expanding, if you werenโ€™t so eager to hate you might consider this point of view, Chris.”

What you said makes absolutely no sense.

“It’s simple control of population by control of their needs.”

Are you just assuming Jesse falls into this category? If you are you’re begging the question. As an individual Jesse is the one who made the choice to become utterly dependent on the state. In other words, it’s not necessarily true that the state sought out Jesse to control his needs. So, your statement only applies to specific cases.

“…but I think it’s far more important to stay alive first and foremost…”

That’s the first thing you’ve said that I actually agree with. However, for a man who claims to live by his principles you’d think he’d get his survival situation squared away before he goes off trying to smash the state. I mean, you said it yourself — “it’s far more important to stay alive first and foremost”.

It’s obvious that Jesse just isn’t rational enough to understand the implications of the dilemma he posed to the reader. He said that without the state he would find himself shelter less and, starving.

What a joke that he claims to give sage survival advice.

• Chris says:

It’s one thing to take SSI, it’s completely a different thing to become hopelessly dependent on your sworn enemy.

• I am not utterly dependant on it. You assumed that.

• Anonymous says:

• Chris says:

Jesse, I assumed nothing. I was even wrong myself when I said you implied it. You explicitly state it here…

You’re claiming that without the state you would starve to death, or die of exposure. How in the fuck do you define “utterly dependent”? If the support system that I relied on cut me off, and I starved to death or died of exposure, then I would call myself utterly dependent on that system. You’re a fool if you think I assumed it when you explicitly state it.

Why don’t you just accept your situation — of being utterly dependent on the state — and embrace it? It’s like you’re a two year old rebelling against mommy and daddy.

Jesse talks back, indeed.

• I am not dependant on it, I offered the initial argument as a reason. I use it, as I stated in the article. How I do so is not something you will be privy too. But is something Bill has been privy too, which is why the cowardly Bill who has so astutely “avoided” completing his obligations for years will NEVER publicly talk against me.
                      He has no grounds to stand on and you simply look ignorant and angry like a petulant child.

I wont respond to any more comments here, there is no point.

• Why do you hate so much? What have I done to you? I kept my word, you seem to have an issue controlling your emotions or you actually believe Bill is a saint. Either way, attacking me verbally is no better than doing so physically.

A good clone you have become.

Comments are closed.