This has always been an outlet for Jesse Mathewson to write and share with others. Over 2013, however, there was a substantial upswing in interest in what was being written. As I have been concentrating on other projects as well and wish to devote more of my time to those I have opened this blog up to others who have the desire to share what they know. The following is a message from Jesse for all readers and authors.
Only one rule, but it is a big one.
NOTHING PROMOTING AGGRESSIVE VIOLENCE. Self defence is not aggressive violence. Rape, child abuse, murder, theft and large governments are all aggressively violent. Promotion of these things will result in suspension of your abilities on this site. This is my prerogative as the owner of the blog, outside of this I refuse to change or affect in any way that which the various authors decide to publish here. I believe in freedom and this is a position that cannot be equivocated. Freedom as it is commonly defined is, “the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.” My position regarding aggressive violence is a personal one and while I do not expect everyone to understand it is up to the authors to agree or disagree. This is where I draw the line, you may accept this voluntarily or not.
The following is a list of benefits and abilities as well as guidelines for authors.
- You would be the author, how your name appears would be entirely up too you. You would have your own bio page and promotion of material as well as editing and anything directly related to your articles would remain solely in your control. The owner of the blog would not edit or change anything. Again the only caveat would be direct promotion of aggressive violence. There is no requirement as to what you put or how you decide to have yourself known.
- Your topic is also entirely up to you, if you would like a regularly scheduled column, for example, every Thursday at 0600 EST. You can set this up, add a specific page explaining what it is you are doing and be sure to use a specific category type as well as appropriate tags. I highly recommend using one of the more popular keyword or popular search word lists. I have a list of these if you so desire.
- As individuals our word is our bond, this is most easily lost on the internet. My personal recommendation is that you always use the highest ethical standards when writing an article. I attempt to cite works from others. I do not, however personally believe in copyrighted work. This does not mean I do not believe in giving due where it should be. This is why I will link to others when able or cite when necessary. I use the following free programs for inline citations, Son of Citation allows easy plug and use for citations.
- If you decide to have advertisers within your individual posts any monetary reimbursements from these are yours alone. As such any tax related questions if you care about that are again entirely up too you.
- In the near future there will be advertisers on the blog itself, the proceeds will be split equally based on production and level of activity among all authors. An active author for the sake of reimbursement is someone who posts a new and original article once a week. Reblogs and reposts do not count towards activity though again they can and will generate views which again will be counted into revenue. Basically, if you only repost others work you will not receive a share in proceeds generated. However, if you post at least one weekly article or 4 original posts in a month you will be counted as active.
- Any and all questions regarding the features of the blog and how they are used should be directed to Jesse Mathewson at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Free the mind and the body will follow