On the 15th of this month I was given this by another blogger who has been quite inspiring themselves. Thoughts, musings and ramblings a blog by InkySpider thought to nominate me for a simple and effective award, The Versatile Blogger award. And so I say, thank you very much for this honour. The idea behind this award is to recognize others as having contributed to you personally as a blogger as well as benefiting others with additional views. Alternatively it helps to just know that others enjoy what you write!
The rules for giving this award are simple and show the individual spirit that exists freely on the internet today.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Now obviously I have favorite bloggers that I follow and often reprint, however, which are in need of this award? After spending a week in surgery, recovery and writing I took the time to check out the various bloggers I have chosen to follow regularly. The following list reflects my choices in no particular order.
- Mountain Guerilla by the ever interesting and dedicated, “John Mosby”
- Travels with the Blonde Coyote by the inspiring world traveller Mary Caperton Morton
- Deconstructing Myths by the interesting Jeff Nguyen
- The Grey Enigma by the mysterious and dedicated, grey enigma
- Silent Musings by the off key writer, Lee
- AvA Indiana‘s blog by the hidden but not lost “Anonymous”
- Voluntaryist a blog about the comic series by Jaime Sherman
- Anarchy for Christians by Mark Sebert
- SoshiTech a tech related information blog by John Teevan
- Survival Sherpa a survivalist blog for regular people by Todd Walker
- Rubino World a constitutionalist and NYC resident Paolo Rubino toes the line regularly in this interesting blog
- The Culture Monk, interesting tidbits by Kenneth Justice
- Thoughtfully Prepping another great information source by Paul Gray
- Raw, Lewd and Indecent the musings of a sexually free beautiful lady on the spectrum, Jayde Onyx Lei
- And last but in no way least, Bigfoot Mamma a blog that I at times disagree with but as always shows the individual nature of we humans authored by Mamma
I rarely hide much from others, however, there are some things that only the closest to me know and I will not be sharing those things. However, there are other things that I have not disclosed yet to the world. And so I will now do so with a few of those items that make me who I am.
- I was born in Illinois next to the Fox river south of Chicago.
- I cared for the families chickens, 100 leghorn hens and our acre garden for the first decade of my life.
- I was once head butted by a Ram, a male sheep when I was three years old.
- I first fired a gun at three years old, my fathers 10/22 in our farm yard at a rolling tire with a paper target inside of it.
- I have been stabbed, slashed and beaten with bat, clubs and more
- I have had 9 major surgeries and over a dozen minor since the age of twelve
- I have travelled to multiple countries and lived in several states.
And so this is my acceptance of the Versatile Blogger award and my thanks for receiving it.
Free the mind and the body will follow
- The Kernel of Resistance (mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com)
- Crossing Karmic Paths: On the Road to Paonia (theblondecoyote.com)
- Jeffster Awards: Week 11 (deconstructingmyths.com)
- Doing the Stuff on Preparedness Radio Network (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)