Everyone experiences pain in their lives, mental, emotional or physical the pain is real and sometimes frightening. By learning to embrace this pain we can easily overcome the physical affects it has on us to some degree, and sometimes entirely. There are those that are swallowed up by it. This is meant for them, for those who believe they are alone and that no one cares.
There are a few important points to consider and those follow.
- No one cares. This is a simple fact, regardless the amount of emotional responses our pain may in fact garner from others, no one really cares because they cannot. Our pain is ours alone. Regardless what others experience it is always different for each individual. No one experiences the same pain in the same ways. So the fact is, no one really cares regardless their verbalizations to the contrary. The fact is they are attempting to feel concern and are likely interested in how we feel. However, their reasons are not the same as really caring for us in our individual pain.
- You are alone. Your pain is yours alone, no one else can experience it or feel it as you do. Whether it be the loss of a loved one or physical pain, your reaction and feelings are yours alone. This is an important part of being an individual. Again, this does not mean others cannot be with you or there for you if you need them as a shoulder. However, much the same as with depression what is best is not what is popular. We all need to release emotions. Some of us cry, scream, wall up, get angry and react in other ways. A friend will allow this outpouring of emotion or the potential lack of any to be as it is. It is a necessary reaction to pain.
- Other individuals are necessary. We may be individuals, however, we are incapable of overcoming many things in our own lives without the anchor that others represent. This anchor is seen in many ways, those who are lost in their pain are often surrounded by individuals who encourage only the emotions and neglect the reason that must be apart of the process involved. Friends will provide you with those things you are most needing but most likely to not emotionally desire at the time. Emotional leeches will provide you with only one thing, more pain, sure it may not feel like it at the moment but time will show.
- Embrace the pain do not be overcome by it. Individuals who are easily overcome with emotions or pain are also least likely to be true friends when the going gets tough. Pain is the easiest way to separate the good friends from the bad. If you desire friendships that stand the “tests of time” as some say it, then grab those friends that are least openly affected by pain and encourage them to be honest always with you. Sure they may not be right, but if they are honest they will always be there.
Free the mind and the body will follow
- “Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society.” – Thomas Szas (kissingsmoke.wordpress.com)
- Pain.. (rosemaryxblack.wordpress.com)
- Pain. A view not so ordinary (kateasmalley.wordpress.com)
- Endless depression or a better life? (jessetalksback.com)