There is no one sure approach, better to work with your neighbors now, dont be the crazy survivalist that everyone dislikes and crosses the street to avoid but knows that if something does happen they can all band up and bounce for their awesome stashes…
Be the smart guy that has food stored, doesnt tell everyone and works with neighbors setting up gardens and bartering those items among each other. Before you know it you will have an entire neighborhood that would upon crash already be used to working together and would become a cohesive group quickly.
Also have bug out stashes prepped in advance- ALWAYS be prepared!
Every disaster scenario brings its own set of unique circumstances to the forefront. When the situation warrants; if you have the choice of bugging in or bugging out, bugging in will usually be the better option. Why you ask; let me elaborate. By bugging in you have the following distinct advantages.
- You will be in familiar surroundings.
- Food and water in your refrigerator and or pantry can supplement your survival stash.
- You’ll have additional time to improve and monitor your homes defenses.
- Your home will offer shelter against the elements.
- You’ll have access to clothing, blankets and other essential survival gear.
- You’ll have access to weapons and ammunition.
- You can better protect your home from thugs and looters.
- You avoid becoming a refugee.
The better prepared you are now, the better prepared you will be to deal with a survival situation. Trust your instincts and stay alert. Make sure you…
View original post 87 more words